Too much poo

My son is 4.5 months old and he poo's after every feed. His poo is very runny and watery. It has the spots like cottage cheese. He has been doing the same poo right after the 1st week. Would like to know is it normal? And would also like to know when will his poo get a bit solid?

Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
Pediatrician 11 yrs exp North Goa

Hi, I take it granted that your baby is exclusively breast fed. In such a baby watery runny stools with few formed elements is normal. And the poo after every feed is also normal, as it is the Gastrocolic reflex , which is active in small babies. i.e.after every feed which lands in stomach, something has yo come out from rear end. So just don't worry. Keep watch on babies weight and length. If all is good do not worry
Mayank Rawat
Pediatrician 8 yrs exp Lucknow
This is normal stool pattern of breastfed children. If child is otherwise active, feeding well, passing urine, and no abdominal distension, nothing needs to be done.