Tonsils problem

I am unable to pull out my tonsil stones this time, earlier I was able to pull out..does it matter if they are not removed this time? Also suggest how to reduce swelling in tonsils...at the moment I am gargling with saline water

Doctor Answers (2) on Tonsils problem

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
You could undergo LASER assisted Ablation of the Tonsils which is a short stay surgery wherein the LASER beams are used to evaporate the bulk of the tonsillar tissue leaving behind just about 2mm of coagulated inert sterile tissue behind. This is much safer(almost zero blood loss), less traumatic and in the whole inexpensive if you consider the number of man-days lost during recovery & can be done during acute phase too(HOT TONSILLOTOMY).
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, tonsillectomy is done in case of tonsillitis ( inflammation of tonsils) You loose nothing by removing it . But its not done in acute condition. Once all symptoms subsides doctor perform operation. Home treatments such as drinking warm tea , antiseptic mouthwashes, drinking plenty of clear liquids to avoid dehydration can help you along with salt water gargling.