Tonsillectomy
I have been diagnosed and told to undergo tonsillectomy. I just want to know whether there are any consequences. Is it completely okay undergoing tonsillectomy.

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 21 yrs exp Bangalore

As you are undergoing this surgery in adulthood, I would advise you to undergo either Coblation assisted Tonsillectomy or LASER assisted Tonsillectomy. These two modes are much safer and relatively painless procedures as compared to conventional Dissection Tonsillectomy. Recovery is also much faster!
Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Tonsillectomy is relatively a safe procedure in experienced hands. If you have indications for tonsillectomy it's better to undergo this procedure as it will significantly improve your quality of life

Tonsillectomy side effects