Toe Fracture
This morning I slipped and jammed my toe into a cemented brick. It was numb for a while, before the pain set in and my toe started to swell up. It grew until it became unbearable, and I got a sudden headache and my ears started ringing and I felt very dizzy. I had to sit down and one of my friends got me a painkiller. After that, I went and gave a 2 hour exam. I saw the nurse later and she put some ice on my toe, along with a cream. After 5 hours from the time I fell, I went to the doctor and got an XRay. He says it's a ligament tear but I feel like I need a second opinion because the pain is too much, and I'm unable to walk. I've been prescribed some painkillers, and I was given an injection. If possible, I would like it if some doctor could LOOK AT MY X-RAY REPORT and tell me what they think.

Dr. Jayakrishnan Pillai
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Bangalore

It is very difficult to confirm or rule out fractures on the images you sent. Xrays need to be seen on a good quality screen with appropriate software or the film needs to be seen placed on a view box. If a particular toe is injured, the xray beam should be focussed on that toe.
Dr. Saurabh Bhalla
Occupational Therapist 6 yrs exp Delhi
It has been more than 48 hrs. since you have the incident. I am sorry for replying So, late. But. the Good thing, that no fracture can be observed in X-Ray . Sad news is that neither the LIGAMENT Injury Can be Detected on X-Ray Scans. to Detect an Ligament Injury one must go for MRI. So, How Did your Doctor Concluded that injury as ligament Injury?? NO FRACTURE MEANS SOFT TISSUE INJURY which Includes SKIN (which was Intact), MUSCLES(not So much at Great Toe), left is > LIGAMENT's which majory functions for stabilizing the Joint. Not a Problem . BY the time You would be reading this , I guarantee that the pain would have minimised.
you should Certainly apply ICE PACK, Then You Should not IMMOBILIZE THE JOINT COMPLETELY, WHich means that keep moving all the TOE'S in the range where pain can be tolerated by you. for 10-15 movements every hour.rest of the time it should be immobilized.
Next time be Careful. and STAY HEALTHY.