Tobrasone (by Alcon)

My daughter was having reddish eyes for few days and we showed her to an ophthalmologist today. She had has been prescribed Tobrasone (which has steroids) for a month in decreasing dosage. Also Pataday has been described as well. My question is Tobrasone safe for a 6 year old? I was reading on a certain website that it is safe for adults and is not recommend for less than 18 year olds. Please advise.

Doctor Answers (2) on Tobrasone (by Alcon)

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello 1. Tobramycin is safe for infants 2. Steroids is also safe for kids
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, tobramycin and dexamethasone ophthalmic suspension (tobrasone) is a sterile, multiple dose antibiotic and steroid combination for topical ophthalmic use. Tobramycin is an antibiotic. It is used to treat bacterial infections. Dexamethasone is a steroid. Dexamethasone ophthalmic is used to treat the swelling associated with bacterial infections of the eye. Tobramycin and dexamethasone ophthalmic is used to treat bacterial infections of the eyes. So don't worry,continue the treatment , all you need to do is regular follow up with your doctor.