Tobacco stain teeth

Hi doc I have really bad brown tobacco stain on my teeth resulting from chewing tobacco for the past many years .. though I have quit chewing tobacco now for almost 2 years so I would like to know what is the process of getting it whiten again and also what would be the charges... also my teeth are very sensitive they are not strong
views-icons 95 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (8) on Tobacco stain teeth

Hello mam,brownish discoloration due to tobacco stains are unsightly and need to be cleaned  ,by a dentist ,tobacco use may have had impact on your teeth and mucosa ,leading to sensitivity due to over brushing or improper way of brushing,get a thorough check up done by a dentist for scaling,sensitivity and keratinisation of oral mucosa.
Hello, You need to see a cosmetic dentist who will check your teeth to confirm if lamin ates/veneers can solve your problem. Regards Dr Suman Makam Dental Arts Bangalore
Scaling for removing stains .
Hi.. usually for tobacco chewers only scaling is not sufficient. Whitening is also required. But gap should be at least six months. Cost varies based on type of whitening.

Regards

what you need is thorough cleaning of teeth followed by bleaching if needed.
cost may vary from condition to condition.  approx could be 1500 to 5000
I suggest not to go for bleaching of your teeth as there is a risk of increased sensitivity. Kindly go for restorative procedures like direct or indirect laminates.
Dr. Tapan Jardosh Ahmedabad | Dental Surgeon
Hello, First of all let me congratulate you for quitting bad habit. Now coming on a point regarding tobaco stains since you have mentioned having habit since many years, you need to get check up done to your dentist. He/she only can determine wether teeth are strong or not. Generally scaling/polishing are advisable to such patients in 2-3 sittings. Once you get it done and still you find stains which are internal. You can go for bleaching, but as you have mentioned regarding sensitivity, bleaching may worsen it. After check up dentist can recommend various laminates/veneers which may give you excellent result. And about coast, there is no price regulatory authority. It may differ from dentist to dentist.
Hello madam, you need to come for a check up.normal scaling & polishing will clean ur teeth.if needed bleaching can be done to whiten your teeth, but we need to see your teeth & oral condition to tell you the treatment plan.
Regards
Dr Supratim Chanda
Chanda Dental Clinic