To give up liquor

Iam a liquor addict in the evening for the last 18-20 years. I am able to give it up but after few days again iam starting bcos iam not getting sleep.

cld anyone help me with a tablet to get good sleep for 6-7 hours for atleast 1 month. I tried some sleeping pills but didnt work

views-icons 246 Views 4 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on To give up liquor

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
It appears that you have developed alcohol dependence over the years. Although, your decision to give up alcohol is worth appreciating but you will have to seek professional help to achieve the same effectively. A Psychiatrist will give you medication to control sleeplessness and other withdrawal symptoms to tide over initial 10 days of withdrawal, after which some anticraving drugs and psychotherapy shall help you in maintaining long term abstinence as well. You will also need to undergo a battery of tests to identify target organ/bodily damage before any such medications are given.