TMJ PAIN jaws verypainful

Seen dentist first told for xray now MRI. Ive been in pain from almost more than a month. I cannot open my mouth and it feels like someone just locked up my jaws. Morning when i wake up the pain use to be very intense. Its getting irritating and the pain is getting worse everyday.

Doctor Answers (4) on TMJ PAIN jaws verypainful

Hi..TMJ disorder is always very painful. It can solved by wearing night guard and undergo teeth alignment procedure (braces). Otherwise it can get even more worse leading to surgery as well. Visit Orthodontist ASAP. Regards
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
You seem to be having a problem with the  TMJ..... this condition needs specific x-rays for the correct diagnosis and sometimes the help of MRI is also required..... these can be best evaluated by an oral surgeon and then the right treatment can be advised to you.... Regards.....
You need to have a consultation with the oral&maxillofacial surgeon with a OPG x-ray.Later on,if required,then only you should go for MRI.Some muscle relaxant and pain killer you can take for the time being.
You seem to having a TMJ issue which are  the most difficult to treat .A symptomatic treatment includes pain killers,, ultrasounds,, restriction  to soft diet etc but an MRI  would help locate the causative factor  and an appropriate  planning can be done so  kindly do the necessary investigations