Tinnitus an hearing loss

Tinnitus in both ears since 5 plus years. also losing my hearing power in both ears. unable to hear anything clearly. unable to sleep at night due to tinnitus. kindly suggest me what to do and what not to do. please doctor help me to overcome this problem i will be highly thankful to you.

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 31 yrs exp Kolkata

You have got bilateral tinnitus and deafness. Get a PTA with SISI & tone decay test and a BERA test done for proper diagnosis and to know the hearing status. The tinnitus and deafness can be managed by wearing digital hearing aids with vented ear moulds, which will improve you hearing and at the same time mask the tinnitus. You should also undergo tinnitus retraining therapy (TRT) which will reduce the severity of the tinnitus and will increase your tolerance. You should not expose yourself to loud noise and ototoxic drugs which will further worsen your condition. Lastly tri-cyclic anti depressants taken at bed time may help you to achieve good control of tinnitus.
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore
As your hearing issue is conductive hearing loss, please get an Impedance Audiometry done and use this app to meet a good ENT Specialist in your neighborhood who will treat you appropriately. I would definitely love to help you out if you are able to come down to Bengaluru.