Tinea Ringworm

I am suffering from Tinea since last 15 years in hand, leg, inner thighs, & lower abdomen. I have tried every medicine &cream like Fluconazole, Terbinafine Hydrocloride, Clomitrazole etc but none of them work. Kindly suggest the treatment.

Doctor Answers (1) on Tinea Ringworm

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Please visit a good dermatologist near you to confirm if it is a fungal infection (tinea). Tinea infection does not last that long. Your diagnosis needs to be revised. Once the correct diagnosis is made you can be treated properly. If you have got relief from those medicines partially it may that you have not followed other precautions like changing your undergarments frequently, wearing only dry clothes etc. Also some person in your family may also be affected which is causing re infection in you. Another possibility is that you are resistant to regualr antifungals and need some higher level antifungals. Many times itching and mark may be present but the fungal infection would be gone. In either case, a dermatologist will be able to help you. Visit your nearby dermatologist at the earliest. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore