TIA stroke

Hi,my mother had TIA stroke 2mnths back.we consulted doc ,done with MRI,reports are normal.We then consulted neurologist, she had asked for Brain MRA and more tests like thyroid T3 T4 TSH,scrum,etc. High BP medicines are taken though BP high numbness and weakness she feels in every 3-4 days. Can u help if these test are required for further treatment for the same.Since other doctors said MRI was not required, henceforth .

Doctor Answers (2) on TIA stroke

Dr. Anusha D Chennai | General Physician
Any MRI done at the time of TIA will most likely be normal...TIA is the initial warning for a future stroke. If her BP remains uncontrolled, and she continues to have repeated TIAs, or symptoms as you have described, it is very likely she has developed/developing another stroke event....I presume she is already on blood thinners and lipid lowering drugs after her TIA...In my opinion, with the current scenario, she needs to be seen by a neurologist and definitely requires a repeat MRI Brain with MRA, also Doppler study of her neck vessels and a cardiology opinion.
Meet your neurologist in person, MRI Brain with MRA, Doppler study of neck vessels, Cardiology opinion
Dont delay...It may become a full blown stroke...
I think MRI is the most important and appropriate test in this clinical scenario. Similarly MR Angiography is also essential and helps in risk assessing the risk of similar episodes in the future. Other tests which are mentioned are appropriate too. I disagree with the doctors who believe that this was not required.