diabetes-icon

Thyroid related problem

Hi, I am diagnosed with hypo thyroid 6 months ago. Initially tsh level was 6.75. doctor suggested me to use thyronorm 25 mg for 3 months. after 3 months tsh became 6.63, So she increased the dosage to 50mg, now tsh level was 0.03. And she still wants me to continue the tablets. And also saying this is for life time. Do i need to use this tablets for life time. If yes plz let me know how much dosage i have to use now.. I am too much worried, plz help me. Is there any alternate?

Hello....hypothyroidism is due to decreased thyroxin harmone. It s commonly associated with weight gain and irregular period..... One need to take medications regularly.. Its long term problem, have to be on medications for life time ..you should limit their intake of broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage,cauliflower, , turnips,......dose will be adjusted considering TSH level by doctor only.. Follow up is inevitable