Throbbing Headache

I am having headache in right side of the head and sometimes I am feeling on the back of the head also. I consult to a doctor and he said do some yoga and exercise. I tried yoga and exercise but this throbbing pain is still there. It lasts for few minutes and starts anytime. I have done eye check up & my eyesight is perfectly fine.Please suggest me what type of pain is this? Is this serious?

Doctor Answers (1) on Throbbing Headache

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern....you may be having tension headache....tension headache is generally a diffuse, mild to moderate pain in your head. Stress is the most commonly reported trigger for tension headache .One way to help reduce stress is by planning ahead and organizing your day. Another way is to allow more time to relax. Do yoga and meditation...take over the counter pain medications...but with your short history its hard to come to conclusions... I would suggest you to avoid coffee, tea,alcohol, smoking...Consult nearest neuro physician for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.