Throat sore and weakness

I had chicken pox 2 months ago. During that time I also had throat infection. The doctor gave me Pulmocef 500. After 2 weeks the infection was no more. But pain in the tonsils did not cure. After that I started taking homeopathic medication for 2months. But to no avail the pain is still there. The pain isn't very severe, also I have a tingling sensation in the glands of my ear. Since the past 3days my neck feels stiff and I have lost 7kg weight in 2months and feeling very drowsy every time. Consulted an ENT surgeon yesterday and he suggested Sucralose and Ection LS along with 2 medical test Aso Titr and IGE. Please help. I'm scared that it might be some thing big.

Doctor Answers (1) on Throat sore and weakness

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. sorethroat with ear block or tingling could be due to streptococcal pharyngitis, tonsillitis, peritonsillar abscess.. your feeling weak, lost weight because of infection for long time which is not cured and difficulty in eating properly because of throat pain even.. . nothing to get so worried.. get the blood tests mentioned by ent surgeon.. if your very worried and anxious that it could be something big like cancer, then get endoscopy done once...