Throat related problem

In Mar14 I had occasional blood in my spit with no cough. After three months there was swelling in my parotid gland. CT scan and FNAC was done for the neck and it showed sialadenitis in parotid. The swelling subsided after taking medicines. In Sept’ 14 during my follow up of parotid, a nodule was detected in the thyroid. USG showed size of nodule as 12*6*6 (in mm). FNAC was performed on the thyroid nodule first in Sept 14 and then in Nov 15. First FNAC showed “Adenomatoid nodule with cystic degeneration” and second time inconclusive because of sub-optimal cellularity. Current size of the nodule as of March 16 is 13.7*9.5*7.2 (in mm). In addition to this I can also feel lympnodes in the submandular region for some years. These lympnodes are moveable. As of March’ 16 the largest size lympnode is in right submandular region with the size of 13*8 mm. There is no weight loss, fever, cough, fatigue etc. Blood in spit continues to come occasionally. What could be the reason? Plz help

Doctor Answers (1) on Throat related problem

Dr. Anup Sabherwal Delhi | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
The thyroid nodule is increasing in size and it will be best to remove it surgically. Blood in spit is probably a apostate provoked which will need to be evaluated. Please come over to BLK hospital for further tests.