diabetes-icon

Throat problem

In Sept’ 14 during my follow up of parotid, a nodule was detected in the thyroid. USG showed size of nodule as 12*6*6 (in mm). FNAC was performed on the thyroid nodule first in Sept 14 and then in Nov 15. First FNAC showed “Adenomatoid nodule with cystic degeneration” and second time inconclusive because of sub-optimal cellularity. Current size of the nodule as of March 16 is 13.7*9.5*7.2 (in mm). In addition to this I can also feel lympnodes in the submandular region for some years. These lympnodes are moveable. As of March’ 16 the largest size lympnode is in right submandular region with the size of 13*8 mm. There is no weight loss, fever, cough, fatigue etc. Blood in spit continues to come occasionally. What could be the reason?

Doctor Answers (1) on Throat problem

Dr. Nikhil Prabhu Mumbai | Diabetologist
The nodule is increasing in size over the time. It will going to increase the pressure on surrounding area. You can do usg guided FNAC for better results. If pressure symptoms are increasing then imo you should go for surgery.