Throat problem

I am having problem in my throat..my right tonsil is inflammed..whenever i press it...it pains..now i am having pain in my throat not much pain but it is irritating...i recently had typhoid...nearly 10 to 15 days ago..now i am okay..but the doctor have given me some medicines for energy..he gave me pantocid also...if the problem for pain in throat continues...should i go to the doctor because i am taking these medicines..will this do any side effects...i am having tonsil for 3 to 4 times in 2 or 3 months..and yes my immunity is also not good..what should i do..i gargled with water and took steam and it is somewhat less painful..and the doctor who cured my typhoid is from a hospital which is far away from my home..so pls tell some permanent cure..pls i wanna be okay...

Doctor Answers (1) on Throat problem

Dr. Sandeep Sharma Bhopal | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
If you are having recurrent attacks of tonsillitis then you must go for tonsillectomy i.e., surgical removal of tonsils. But before going for surgery you should take a good course of antibiotics and anti inflamatory and decongestant like Amoxicillin n clauvulanic acid , gargles. If prblm persists then go to ent surgeon nearby for tonsillectomy...