Thoat swelling
I had sore throat problem a week back i took anitbiotic and it is cured but now i feel lil burning sensation and swelling around my thraot nd neck ....is this could be due to antibiotic ? I have been taking levoflex for 4 days...i have no problem swalloibg or eating its after that lil swellin nd lil burning feel

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

since you don't have throat pain , fever and other signs its unlikely to be persisting infection. it may be reflux laryngopharyngitis  secondary to medicines you have taken where your gastric acid refluxes back into throat causing swelling and inflammation. avoid hot spicy food, hot beverages for few days and also you can take anti reflux medicines