diabetes-icon
Testosterone
Hi, male 26 here. For my sparse beard issue on a dermatologist's advice, I got my thyroid profile and testosterone levels checked. For thyroid it came out to be in normal scale and for testosterone levels came to be normal but in lower range i.e. 263.7. based on this should I go ahead for TRT consultation??

Dr. Harisha N L

there are numerous causes for decreased level, it may be due to trauma to the testis, infections,obesity,kidney diseases,liver diseases,certain medications mainly pain medications derived from opioids,people suffering from sickle cell disease or thalassemia can also have this,people taking glucocorticoids can also have this,other hormones in the body with abnormal levels can also impact on testosterone levels,chronic alcoholism is also one of the cause...so before starting on testosterone directly,so the underlying cause should be treated...which will be more beneficial than simply taking the supplements.