Test for herpes.

Hey. I would like to know if there are any tests to check for herpes? A cousin of mine is having some boils.
views-icons 122 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Harsha
General Physician Bangalore
Yes there are tests for herpes simplex virus infection. Both herpes simplex virus 1 (IgM and IgG) and herpes simplex virus 2 (IgM and IgG) antibodies test are done. Where are the boils? Mouth or genitals? HSV 1 usually causes boils on the mouth and HSV 2 causes boils on the genitals. Hope this helps you. But it is better to first get herpes diagnosed. So kindly consult a dermatologist for further evaluation. If
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?