Teeth alignment

I hav heard dat ceramic braces r a bit thicker thn d metal one. Will it make othrs look as if somethings ther inside my mouth when my lips r closed as it is thicker. Which one would u prescribe . Nyother specialities I hav to focus on for deciding which braces to put on?

Doctor Answers (2) on Teeth alignment

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
The difference in the size of the ceramic and metal braces is in microns and inconspicuous to the naked eye..... so that should not be something for you to worry about..... an orthodontist is the specialist who takes care of braces treatment and he can guide you about the treatment options possible in your case..... Regards.....
Hello there... Overall braces give a different look to your face as long as the treatment is going on. And since you are 17yrs old , looks should not be a major factor as braces come off within a couple of years. You should definitely visit your family dentist who will refer you to an appropriate orthodontist for further treatment . All the best and keep smiling:-)