Taning and sensitive

Thank you for your previous suggestion. Now I would like to share some more problems with you regarding my face and hands..... Due to this burning heat I get tan on my face and hands as they are exposed in sun....plz do suggest some tips to get rid of this and one more thing can you plz tell me what kind of face wash or scrub I should use.

Doctor Answers (1) on Taning and sensitive

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Tan is the skin's way of protecting itself from the harmful effect of sunlight (UV radiation). Tanning is of two types - Immediate and Delayed. Immediate Pigmentary Tanning is the temporary darkening of skin that occurs on skin exposure and this lasts less than 24-48 hours. Delayed Pigmentary Tanning (also called a Permatan) lasts many weeks and if sun protection measures are not adequate this tan can be there permanently. Treatment options depend on how motivated you are and how much sun protection you can practice with sunscreen lotion etc. All of these measures are supportive - the real benefit to tanning comes from chemical peeling. 6-8 peels at 2 weekly intervals can improve the tan considerably. Microdermabrasion can be added to the regimen to further enhance benefit. Kindly consult a dermatologist for further management.