Swollen tongue postdrinks

Had vodka and red wine for drinks at night. In morning tongue seems swollen and sensitive and with little red pimple kind of things on tongue tip. It gets better as the day passes. Am i allergic to drinks?

Doctor Answers (6) on Swollen tongue postdrinks

Dr. Selvanathan S Coimbatore | Dental Surgeon
I have to suggest something against your perception towards the habit. We all indulge in these intoxication right?  Have you ever thought why this happens?  It's not the pleasure which we derive out of intoxication drives us to such habits. It is the pain of quitting the habit prolongs the bandage with intoxication. So my first challenge will be to you is PUMP YOUR EGO. I challenge you that u can't quit the habit. If u can stop it and ping me.  I have helped 406 patients to quit habit 100% without help of any medication.
Answer to your question is yes your taste buds and intra oral soft tissues are very sensitive. Stay away from these habits quit a while it will resolve On its own. Also avoid hot and spicy foods for a week time. Kindly visit a dentist for further clarification.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
It is not possible to arrive at the conclusion based on the description that you have mentioned, but it is unlikely for alcohol to be a direct cause of your tongue swelling, although it can definitely be an aggravating factor..... the most possible explanation for your condition seems to be vitamin deficiency..... nonetheless, the best option will be to go in for a proper clinical examination has a dentist's office so that the right diagnosis can be made and accordingly the right treatment can be instituted.....
Regards.....
Hi..it could be glossitis in response to a content of alcohol. Take Allegra 120mg twice daily for three days. Regards
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Based on symptoms it should be Vitamin B3 deficiency. Excessive alcohol does cause inflamed and swollen tongue(glossitis). Reduce alcohol intake and start with B complex tablets. Also enrich your diet with fish, egg whites, dates, figs and wheat products.
Dr. Kamini Singh Noida | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
It's time to visit a dentist who is MDS in Oral medicine and Radiology. As he /she will be able to judge your condition accurately.
Habit is 1st of all dangerous although just get a specialist checkup done once when you have such spots and swelling.