Swollen nipple
Hi. I had moderate pain on right tonsils since 3 days and it has now reduced. And today morning, there's a swelling above my right nipple and it's red and swollen. It is also painful . Is it a systemic lymph node infection ?

Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
Medical Microbiologist 18 yrs exp Gurgaon

Consult a surgeon.  It could be mastitis

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  It could be due to some insect sting or a small infection. But to know what exactly it is, you have to consult a general surgeon in person for further evaluation and management.  After examining you he will suggest you further. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern and anxiety.... It is suggestive of infection may be mastitis... Detailed clinical examination will rule out other possible causes ...you will require course of antibiotics to clear infection... I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists or surgeon they will do the needful.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Pune
Tonsils have no drainage into lymph node near nipple...so it cannot be systemic infection swelling but coincidentally there might be insect trail or bite during sleep or hair follicle infection leading to cellulitis....warm compress..oral and topical antibiotic use will solve your problem