Swollen Finger

I am having swollen finger for the past 1 week. Initially, swelling was at the side of the finger but now it is at the back side also. I am not sure which type of doctor I should consult?? Orthopaedic/physician, etc. Please find attached pics of my swollen finger.

Doctor Answers (2) on Swollen Finger

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. from pictures it looks like you could be suffering from paronychia. it is soft tissue swelling around the nails. this could occur due to ingrowing nails, onychomycosis, acquired bacterial infection. you will oral antibiotics. incision and drainage might be necessary in severe cases. you need to consult a general surgeon for that.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... It looks like paronychia, If an abscess (pus pocket) has formed, the recommended treatment is to drain the abscess by doing an incision and drainage procedure.later on doctor will prescribe antibiotics... You should consult general surgeon for this problem...