Swelling on penis

When I slip back the foreskin, I noticed some reddening on bottom of penis. It doesn't pain or itch or anything but still i want to get rid of it. Also I haven't engaged in any sort of sexual activity. I masturbate regularly (normal not too frequently.) I don't smoke. I have consulted a dermatologist and undergone medication which temporarily brought it under control but then it reappears.

Doctor Answers (1) on Swelling on penis

Greetings! 1. Your description of symptoms is not adequate - bottom of penis - u mean the lower shaft ? or lower part of the glans? 2. Photos may be sent on follow up messaging that may help diagnosis 3. You may be having a fungal infection / intertrigo - due to the heat / friction 4. Sometimes more than one or two visits are required to the dermatologist for adequate relief from the problem. Hope this helps, Warm regards.