Swelling in kidney
I got ultra sound scan done a week ago. Radiologist advised me that my left kidney has a swelling of 9mm . Is it indicating a serious problem or can be ignored?

Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. It would have been better if you had posted a photo of the report of your ultrasound. I think he would have said there is a fluid filled cavity or kidney stone of 9mm. Not swelling of the kidney of 9mm. Also you will have to be examined and investigated any associated renal complaints. So kindly consult a nephrologist with the report for further evaluation.