Hi I'm 21 yrs old and I have a sweating problem on my palms and feets even in AC ,
A dermatologist suggest me a ALDRY lotion I had using that from last 5 months but no use from that .what should I do plz suggest me ?
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
You are suffering from palmoplantar hyperhidrosis. The cause for this is unclear but people with this condition sweat more on hands and feet. Stress also plays a role. The treatment options are as follows.
1. Medications like aldry which is to be applied daily night. It will be effective if used regularly. The effect starts after about 5 to 7 days of regular use.
2. Tablets to reduce stress associated sweating. Beta blockers and anxiolytics.
3. Tablets that block acetylcholine (chemical that activates sweat glands) oxybutenine.
4. Botulinum toxin injections. The most effective treatment, effects last for 6 months after which they must be repeated.
5. Surgery. Cutting the nerves that supply ur sweat glands using high end micro surgery instruments (permanent solution)
Hope this has helped you.
Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore