About two and half months ago I passed through brain tumor surgery. During treatment I was on ventilator for 20 days. Doctors said that after one and half month I am able to eat or drink orally. I tried after 2 months to drink soup but still I am not able to swallow food and liquid. Whenever I tried, cough become starts. I also have cough problem since 2 months. I tried all the syrups and medications but cough not stops. I also have hoarseness in my voice and I couldn't open my mouth fully. I think that there is some problem in my throat. Major problem is difficulty in swallowing. Please help me to sort out this problem and tell me what should I do.

Doctor Answers (1) on SwallowingProblem

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. I guess because of the ventilator your larynx would be injured...it definitely takes time...I understand it must be very difficult for you...it's better you consult n Ent specialist first so that we can examine you of there is any problem.... thank you