Suspecting pregnancy

I m married since one year. my LMP is on 6th march.But for april I didnt get periods yet.No symptoms of periods.When I did home pregnancy test it is positive. Friends suggest me to wait till 45-60 days n check with doctor to confirm the same.Till today -14.4.2016 I have completed 37 days.I m suspicious about it.how to confirm whether I m pregnant? What are all the symptoms of pregnancy? When can I check with doctor.? What are the foods that I can intake??

Dr. Aparnaa Panda
Gynecologist 19 yrs exp Bangalore

Congratulations. U r definitely pregnant because u have missed ur periods and ur pregnancy test is positive. Must meet a gynaecologist asap. She will assess u and give u some medicines for brain development of baby. She might do an ultrasound or refer u to a radiologist for the ultrasound where u can see the pregnancy yourself. During pregnancy, u should not have papaya and pineapple and junk food. Meet ur gynaec asap for further advise.