Superficial skin damage
Hi, 2 months earlier I met an accident and I lost superficial skin on right hand. Initially I have used megaheal cream for healing my injury as suggested by physician. Once injury has healed after one and half month. But scar has been formed and I have consulted Dermatologist. Currently I am using Helix silicon gel and some other moisturize creams. So please let know will scar recover to normal skin. What would be duration for recovery process. Thanks.

Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe
Dermatologist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
It is very difficult to get completely normal skin at the trauma site. If it is hypertrophic scar you may need some injections to reduce the thickness of scars. Co2 laser can be done to resurface the scar to get a better match with surrounding skin. It may take 4 to 6 months for scar to improve.Warm regards, Dr Pinanky Jadhav, Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic, Pune