Sun Allergy
I have severe allergy to UV rays. Within 5 minutes of exposure to sunlight i get reddish pink rashes which is itchy. Recently those affected areas started swolling as well. Please let me know if there is any permanent solution to this. Will this lead to psoriasis or skin cancer

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. The condition described by you is photosensitivity and can be seen in many skin diseases. Kindly meet a dermatologist to get your skin condition diagnosed and he will also recommend a sunblock along with other necessary measures.Remember to mention if you have any hair loss, joint pains or oral ulcers to the dermatologist as it may indicate something serious.
Start a broad range Sunscreens to filter the harmful UV rays. People usually don't use sunscreens as they may be greasy or make your face appear white.There are different type of sunscreens available and there is one for everyone, so find the one that will help you.