Suggestion required..

13 years got over,menopaus stopped. Now, past two years I am feeling stomach( near abdomen)got lightly buldged. No other complication. What I have to do now?

Doctor Answers (1) on Suggestion required..

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, women are more likely to gain excess belly weight -- especially deep inside the belly -- as they go through perimenopause and into menopause, when their menstrual cycle ends. That's because as estrogen levels drop, body fat is redistributed from the hips, thighs, and buttocks (where it used to be stored as a fuel reserve forbreastfeeding) to the abdomen. For little gain you need not worry, if you think your are gaining too much fat on abdomen then you need to concentrate on diet. Here is some things you need to know about your diet. Certain guidelines that need to be considered for weight loss are: 1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively. 2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods. 3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight. 4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet. 5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets. 6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables. Try to eat a total of 5 fruits and vegetables per day. Along with it consider brisk walking atleast for 20min morning and evening daily.