Suggesion for delivery
Dear Doctor, My wife is having 7 months pregnancy. Everything is fine. Anomaly scan have no issue. We are unable to decide whether we should opt for painless normal or cesarian delivery. I have heard that in painless normal too some kind of anesthesia is given (in spinal cord) to reduce pain. So in both case will the mother get same side effect? Everybody tells that cesarian is not good for the mother's future life. Please suggest what will be the better option.

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Infertility Specialist 12 yrs exp Pune

It will be better guided by your obstetrician as it's too early to comment whether you require a section.. Never think of elective section unless your obstetrician tell you that it's needed  with reason.. Always prefer normal delivery if no maternal and fetal cause for section... Pros and cons of labour anaesthesia  have a word with your doctor
Dr. Shyama Nivas
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Patna

Cesarean is done only in case of non progress of labour or due to foetal distress to save the baby.so there is no option other than this in case of emergency.