diabetes-icon
Sugest me good medicine
Hi recently I have done blood TEST HbA1C (EDTA BLOOD) :6.9% Estimated Average Glucose 151 mg/dl , I am taking glycomet-GP1 twice a day before main meal.

Dr. Nikhil Prabhu
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

At the age of 32 i will suggest more tighter control is better.(HbA1c 6.5) Its been proved by UKPDS and DCCT trials that initial 5 years tighter control of blood sugar level helps to prevent majority of long term diabetic complications like neuropathy, nephropathy etc.( legacy effect or metabolic memory) Glycomet GP1 is good medicine to continue. You can do SMBG charting to find out details of blood sugar peaks in entire day. You can recheck Fasting and post meal sugars and consult any diabetologist for further management
Dr. Sheetal Aversekar
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

You are already on a good medicine. However,   its dose can be titrated. It is advisable to personally visit a diabetologist for the same. Your fbs, plbs test will be required and a clinical check up and history will be required for the doctor to make necessary changes.