Suffering from Pcos

Recently detected pcos. Had irregular periods.

And high insulin level. Consulted a doctor in fortis and eating medicine since 7 months. Can it be cured fully or not?

views-icons 22 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Suffering from Pcos

Thank you for your question.
I'm sorry you have PCOS. Insulin levels rise because the peripheral organs get resistant to its action. Cortisol levels are also raised making weight control difficult.
PCOS is a metabolic complex that affects the ovary in addition to all other systems. It can be managed where it doesn't bother you or affect your quality of life but that cannot be called cure because its not like an infection. Most likely you will need to be particular about your diet, exercise, nutrition and supplements for the foreseeable future. You will need extra care during your attempts. to get pregnant, during pregnancy, as you grow into your forties and fifties too. Particular will be the timely care of blood pressure, diabetes and period issues.
I would suggest you read about polycystic ovaries on www.patient. and patient leaflets on This will give you a reasonable idea of how to manage your lifestyle so PCOS has minimal effect on your quality of life and future plans for children.
with best wishes