Suffering from hair loss
Hello sir this is brother head pic he suffering from androgenetic alopecia since 4 Year .he take many medication but he can'tsee visible result. he is very Depressed about Hair. Can he go for hair transplant? Please suggest right option. Thank you
49 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Manoj Agarwala
Dermatologist 12 yrs exp Delhi

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹500 for 24 hrs

Hi there, Thanks for your query. Androgenetic alopecia is a common disorder which is even becoming commoner. A good thing is if the patient follows up with a good dermatologist, results can be seen within a span of few months. It takes time to arrest hair fall and to make them grow back. ​The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. Hair transplant is also an option that can be considered. In my personal opinion, you should try the medications and be hopeful for the results. Even if you decide to proceed with hair transplant, these medications are usually coprescribed.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.