Suffering from diarrhoea

My wife is pregnant and now she is
suffering from diarrhoea. Please tell me what tsblets she can take because as she is cayying a baby can't give all types of medicines related to diarrhoea
views-icons 26 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Suffering from diarrhoea

doctor profile image
Thank you for your question.
Diarrhoea can be due to several reasons and so can the effect. If it has happened only once or twice and there is no pain or fever you can wait and watch, drink fluids, gentle non spicy food. However if diarrhoea is associated with pain , cramping or fever or is very watery or with mucus you need to see your obstetrician because cramping and fever can cause preterm labour. Such diarrhoea needs treatment urgently.
hope this helps
best wishes
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?