Suffering from allergy

I am suffering from allergy. One thing I know is dust that causes but there are other things as well. 7-8 years back a doctor advised me to take Montair LC daily for a month. I did that. And for a good 4 years everything was fine. But then it again started. Montair LC makes me very dull and sleepy. On suggestion of a doctor I tried FM24 for 10 days. It was not effective. On the doctor's advice I took flutofil spray for a month. All was fine but now since that month is over I am getting that itchy nose again. What shall I do?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. This presentation can be seen with many diseases. The best option is to consult a pulmonologist in person to understand the problem and get it diagnosed. A proper treatment can then be started. Discuss the situation and hope it will be cleared in few days. Don't delay the appointment. You can use OTC anti-allergic medications. Consider testing IgE and absolute eosinophils count.