Suffering from acne

M suffering from bad acne from last 1 week, I used to have acne at adolescence but it became normal after I went to a dermatologist but from last few days m suffering from severe acne, it also itches in the pimples and they also pain so pls suggest some good medicine

Doctor Answers (1) on Suffering from acne

There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.