Sudden weakness

Hello, m 21 yrs. Old.. and i m feeling weakness from last 2 weeks. I even feel tingling sensations in my palms n feets, even i suddenly get tooo low and start crying and feeling uneasyness .. i dont know wts hppng with me... thn my mother gave me some water with pinch of sugar into it.. thn i feel normal... kindly help.. my haemoglobin level is 9.

Doctor Answers (2) on Sudden weakness

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
hello there. all your symptoms are consistent with anaemia which also reflects in your blood reports i.e., Hb-9. Get your blood pressure checked out, low blood pressure can also cause such symptoms. here is what you need to do, have a high protein diet and also foods which are rich in iron. include lots of fruits and greens in your diet so that b complex vitamins are also included. drink lots of water. take a tablet albendazole once before bed for deworming. avoid taking antacids because acid suppression causes decrease in iron absorption. also avoid tea and coffee. best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
Dr. Manaswini Mullapudi Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, an HB of 9 is low, and your symptoms of weakness and tingling palms and feet strongly suggest anemia. You will need to get a complete blood test done, along with a peripheral smear to see which kind of anemia. Commonest cause is Iron deficiency, but your symptoms of tingling also suggest Deficiency of Vitamin B12. As for your emotional problems, you seem to be under stress... Don't worry. It's an absolutely treatable condition and you'll get better within weeks of taking Supplements for treating anemia. If you have symptoms like dizziness and light headedness while getting up from sleep or standing position from sitting also, Consult a doctor. Also, most importantly, do eat good food and maintain a balanced diet because poor diet is a huge determining factor in developing weakness. Eat more leafy vegetables, iron rich food like jaggery and groundnuts, dates. And drink a lot of water.