diabetes-icon
Sudden chest pain
My friend, female 16 years old at suddenly gets chest pain and vanishes after few hours or days and days later it comes again. Went to a local physician, he gave medicaments for gastric problem but it doesn't seems like curing it Please suggest me what to do at least to what specialist I must take her.

Dr. Geetendra Singh Dhanawat
Diabetologist 15 yrs exp Bhopal

Go to Gastroenterologist for opinion and Endoscopy to be done. Generally these kind of pains related to hyperactivity or Gastric Reflux. Give her good medicine like Rabeprozole 20 mg twice a day before meal. Also keep record of event -is it food timing related or any peculiar circadian rhythm. This will help to evaluate the exact cause. For cardiac concern- just go to physician for ECG and stress test to get mental peace. Don't worry, it is one of the common problem. Good luck.

Hi.... Avoid foods and drinks that trigger heartburn. Everyone has specific triggers. Common triggers such as fatty or fried foods, tomato sauce, chocolate, mint, garlic, onion, and caffeine may make heartburn worse. Avoid foods you know will trigger your heartburn. Eat smaller meals. Avoid overeating by eating smaller meals.... Don't lie down after a meal. Wait at least three hours after eating before lying down or going to bed.... Consult Gastroenterologist....