Suboveal CNVM & Haemorrhg

My father aged 75 yrs.suffered from above problem. With this he seeing blurred vision from eye. The doctors advised that 3 or more injections of AVASTIN will be inserted in the eye every month. But doctors are not sure of fully rectifying the disease. Please guide whether the treatment is correct? 2nd. Whether the disease is curable. 3rd. Whether in future light in the eye will remain same or it will reduce further. Any other best treatment can be given.

Doctor Answers (1) on Suboveal CNVM & Haemorrhg

Dr. Hetalkumar Yagnik Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Avastin or lucentis is the only option treatment for cnvm especially for subfoveal region.it is safe.understand one thing first that this treatment is for stopping the progression and resolving further damage.this treatment can't reverse the damage which has taken place.but my experience with both injections is good.number of injections will depend on size of cnvm and post treatment ffa  (angiography ). If feeder vessel is still active then may require more than 3 injections.it may recur after 6 months also somewhere else.BUT INJECTION IS THE TREATMENT OF CHOICE,SO DON'T WASTE TIME AND GET IT DONE