Sub epithelial opacities
I had a very bad adenoviral conjunctivitis in my left eye last month, this month I started seeing halos for which I went to see my opthalmologist again. He diagnosed me with sub epithelial opacities of keratitis in that eye which he said were spots left behind after the infection. He prescribed genteal eye drops with moxifloxacin(0.5%) with dexamethasone(0.1%) eye drops bak free (apdrops). He asked me to put 4 times a day for first week and two times a day for second and then stop altogether. I want to know as this is a steroid drop taking this for two weeks can have a chance of me having cataract risk or any other side effects. Please help me as I am confused.

First of all the treatment of post adenoviral infiltrate it is required to use steroids and also cyclosporin eye drops .  steroids are given for shorter period like 2-3 weeks but cyclosporine has to be used for longer duration . Using steroid drops for 2 weeks you  will never develop cataract .