Stroke and nerve problem
B12 deficiency can lead stroke??if then what r the treatment to reverse the above deficiency...also want to know b12 is genetic disorder or due to life style

Dr. Vinod Veerapalli

Hi there, I agree with Dr. Venkata Raghava. I just want to tell that B12 deficiency can be genetic as well. This is commonly due to Intrinsic factor deficiency which is essential for absorption of B12 from gut.

Hello....... Vitamin b 12 deficiency lead to myelination disorder in nervous system ,it don't causes stroke, stroke is caused by emobolism, thrombus ,infraction.. Etc... It's not a genetic disorder, vitamin deficiency is commonly seen in pure vegetarian.. You can take multivitamin tablets.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Dimapur
Get MRI Brain with MRV done to find the cause of stroke...if ischemic with thrombus in cranial vessels...will need coagulation profile to be done else systemic comorbities need evaluation...meet MD physician