Gliosis after stroke

I had haemorragic stroke in right posterior parietal paramedian in march 2014 which caused left side haemepaeriasis. Now recovered 80 percent. Still feeling weakness in left lower limb. on january 2016 done a plain ct of brain for follow up therapy. CT scan shows gliotic changes in right occipital lobes. what should i do now? how this changes affects me? what are the necessary treatment will i follow? my DSA, CT angiography on 2014 were normal. No AVM, ANNEURYSMS found.

Doctor Answers (1) on Gliosis after stroke

Dr. Chandan Mohanty Mumbai | Neurosurgeon
Hello, Sorry to hear this. Gliosis means scaring in the brain which is normal after a hemorrhagic stroke. The site and your age are atypical for stroke. Sometimes because of the bleed and swelling in the brain, small AVM may be obscured and hence not detected. CT is not as sensitive as a MRI to detect brain pathology. Please see a neurosurgeon and he will order a MRI and a repeat DSA to find the exact cause of your problem. Regards.