STRESS - AILING FATHER

MY FATHER IS IN THE ICU FOR THE LAST 5 DAYS UNDERGOING TREATMENT FOR PNEUMONIA. EARLIER HE UNDERWENT CORPECTOMY FOR SPINAL TB AND IS TAKING TB MEDICINES FOR ONE MONTH. HE IS 82 YRS AND IS TAKING LOT OF MEDICINES. PRIOR TO THE DETECTION OF SPINAL TB HE NEVER VISITED A DOCTOR AND NEVER TOOK ANY MEDICINES. WHEN I GO SEE TO HIM IN THE ICU IN SUCH A BAD STATE I FEEL DEVASTATED AND HELPLESS. . PLEASE HELP ME TO OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM

Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern and anxiety... This is not abnormality its common to react in a way you are doing when our loved ones fall sick...you will become better eventually...fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..I wish your father speedy recovery.. If it's bothering you too much Consult physician psychiatrist.