Strength training program

Hello doctor, As of now I'm obese. I'm on my weight loss program. It's going out pretty well. My posture is not really good. How to get a toned structure with good manly look? How long it takes to get a six pack abs? Is it really too hard to get a toned body with muscles? Will it take too long to build up muscles? I have an ACL tear in my right knee. Can I workout in the gym with the torn ACL? And I need informations on building muscles... Help me. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Strength training program

A torn ACL in a young person like you may put you at risk of further injury to knee like meniscal tears, which may lead to early arthritis. Hence, an orthopaedic will have to assess you for instability and address it if any. Regarding weight loss and body building, you need to set realistic goals and work towards them. First try to acheive the ideal body weight for your height according to BMI. As you continue to weight train, you will gain muscle. Genetics and your workouts may influence how fast you gain muscle.