Strength training
Hello. I have type 3 piles. I'm under medication. Can i do strength training/weight lifting for muscle gain in the gym?

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  What ever causes increase in intra abdominal pressure is contra indicated. Weight training does just that . If you want to do it, do not lift very heavy weights. For further information consult a general surgeon in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Saroj Bawaria (PT)
Physiotherapist 11 yrs exp Delhi
See as you said you going gym for weight gain. You must be adding protein rich diet along with carbohydrates to increase muscle mass. I suggest take as much as fiber like salads and juices or supplementary fiber in your diet along with plenty of water. This is because this cools your stomach and aids in better digestion and releives intestine so ease in preventing pile bleeding. Dr. Saroj
Hi.... Weight lifting is not an absolute contraindication.... However there are certain limit... Soak regularly in a warm bath or sitz bath. Soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day...... Apply cold. Apply ice packs or cold compresses on your anus to relieve swelling.... Consult surgeon ......