Stregnth difference

I have a noticable difference in the strength of right arm and left arm(left arm being stronger). I'm doing regular gym from the past one month and i follow a card of exercises and weight training prepared by my trainer but while training biceps and arms, i face issue to do biceps related exercises with my right arm. For example while doing alternate dumbell curl i'm able to do 3 sets of 12 reps with a weight of 5-7 kg with my left arm but with the right arm i can't do more than 3kg. While doing the right arm biceps with even 5kg i face lifting issues and have to switch to 3kg for that right hand. Is this due to some ligament problem in my shoulder? I have never had any previous injuries in my right arm or shoulder ligament. Kindly help me out here and guide me how to rectify this problem Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Stregnth difference

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...since how long have you been having this problem? Was there any history of trauma? Do you have any stiffness in your shoulder or elbow joints? Are you right handed person or left handed? If you are left handed then it is completely normal. Also sometimes unknowingly due to work or lifestyle, your left arm might be at work more than your right arm. So it can be stronger. But it better to consult a orthopedic in person for further evaluation.